First of all, the concept, the idea of Jedi Knights is not that far, far away. In this galaxy, on this planet, everyday there are thousands of people who act like real Jedis, although there also a similar population of Siths.
If you live your life everyday, following the path of right and good, you can't go wrong. It isn't that hard to be nice to people. We know what is wrong, hurtful, immoral just as we know what is right, helpful and good. The choice is yours to make. Easy or Difficult, Wrong or Right, Good or Bad. We must make these decisions often. It's not just a choice you make one day "Hey, I think I'll be a good person" but a choice you must make everyday, everytime you are put up to a task you must decide if you will do it right or wrong. Will you give it 100% or will you just do enough to get by. Being helpful in the community, mentoring kids, report a woman or child being battered or abused. Stop looking the other way! There are many ways that you can be a good person, influence someone else and maybe make the world a better place to live. Come on, let start to move the Peace out and spread it.
If you see a wrong, try and correct it. Now, I'm not talking about everbody becoming a 24x7 watchguard, but if what you see is wrong (morally or legally) then do something about it. Don't wait for someone else to deal with it, you can make a difference. Do something other than feel angry. Getting angry does nothing except increase your blood pressure and make you miserable.
What you can do to lead a life like a Jedi:
Teach patience to others and to yourself.
Get along with all people and all living things.
Don't judge someone because of how they look.
Find a good thing every day! (It's easy to get frustrated every day, try and find something positive each day to remember)
Start the day with a good attitude.
If you see a wrong, right it if you can. If you can't find someone who can.
Don't lie to others.
Don't steal from others.
Don't dislike things that you don't understand. Make sure you fully understand someone or something before you pass judgement.
Open your heart not to just those who are close to you, but to all humanity. Be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love.
Seek Justice, Have Courage, Be Merciful,
Show Generosity, Be Faithful, Be Noble, Keep Hope Alive.
- Justice: Seek always the path of Right, unencumbered by bias or personal interest. Recognize that the sword of justice can be a terrible thing, so it must be tempered by humanity and mercy. If the right you see rings true, agrees with others, and you seek it out without bending to the temptation of expediency, then you will earn renown beyond measure.
- Courage: More than bravado or bluster, a Jedi Knight must have the courage of the heart necessary to undertake tasks which are difficult, tedious or unglamorous, and to graciously accept the sacrifices involved.
- Mercy: Words and attitudes can be painful weapons in the modern world, which is why a Jedi exercises mercy in his or her dealings with others, creating a sense of peace and community, rather than engendering hostility and antagonism.
- Generosity: Sharing what's valuable in life means not just giving away material goods, but also time, attention, wisdom and energy the things that create a strong, rich and diverse community.
- Faith: "Faith" means trust and integrity, and a Jedi is always faithful to his or her promises, no matter how big or small they may be.
- Nobility: Although this word is sometimes confused with "entitlement" or "snobbishness," it conveys the importance of upholding one's convictions at all times, especially when no one else is watching.
- Hope: More than just a safety net in times of tragedy, hope is present every day in a modern Jedi's positive outlook and cheerful demeanor, and inspires people all around.
- Slightly adapted from Kincharbamin.com