Join our facebook group

About Jedi Marriages

Jedi Marriage Vows

Do you Jedi ______ take Jedi _______ to be your [husband/partner], and do you promise before the Jedi Church and these witnesses that you will be a true and devoted partner?  In forces of darkness and forces of light, wherever you may go and whatever you may face, do you promise to share your life in marriage with Jedi ________?

Do you Jedi ______ take Jedi _______ to be your [wife/partner], and do you promise before the Jedi Church and these witnesses that you will be a true and devoted partner?  In forces of darkness and forces of light, wherever you may go and whatever you may face, do you promise to share your life in marriage with Jedi ________?

Jedi ______ and Jedi ___________ have consented together in marriage. They have pledged their faith in each other as witnessed before us. They have promised to be truthful and devoted to each another.  In the name of the Jedi faith, I pronounce them [husband and wife/life partners].  May the force be with them!

How do I get married by a jedi minister?

The rules of this are different by country. We allow any of our ordained ministers to marry Jedis under the Jedi Church, however, you will need a licence from your government for this to be recognised by law. This means that if you are already a Marriage Cellebrant, then all you need to do is be certified by our Church.

New Zealand Marriage Rules

In New Zealand, i have been informed that there is no obstruction (nor fee) for an ordained Minister of our Church, or in fact anyone, to obtain a marriage licence from the Internal Affairs Department, refer Births, Deaths and Marriages. You should list on your application that you are a Minister of the Jedi Church, and then you will be published in the NZ Gazette along with a list of your affilated organisations.

So if anyone wishes to become a Marriage Cellebrant, please just apply to your local government beaurocracy, and then become ordained with our church through our certification program. Only a small fee is applicable and we will send your certificate to you within 2 weeks.

Scottish Marriage Rules

I regret we are not in a position to advise you about how to become a minister in Scotland.  However, we can advise you about seeking authorisation to conduct a marriage ceremony in Scotland.

Religious marriages (which includes other belief systems) in Scotland may be solemnised only by a minister, clergyman, pastor, priest or other person entitled to do so under the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977 (the 1977 Act).  The Registrar General has authority under section 12 of the 1977 Act to grant a temporary authorisation to allow a person to act as an approved celebrant to solemnise a specific marriage, or marriages during a specific period.  A temporary authorisation can only be granted to someone who is affiliated to a religious body (or belief system) and who is supported by office bearers of that body to conduct a marriage ceremony on its behalf.

Anyone applying for a temporary authorisation should forward the following information on the first occasion they apply to Marriage Section at New Register House:

1.      A copy of their religious body's (or belief system's) constitution or statement of faith, which should contain the aims and beliefs of the group together with details on the appointment of office bearers.

2.      Details of membership, both locally and throughout the United Kingdom and if applicable how often the local body meets for common religious worship.

3.      A copy of the wording of the proposed marriage ceremony. 
4.      Their full name and the designation they would use when signing the Marriage Schedule eg Minister, Pastor or Lay Preacher.

5.      Letters from two office bearers of the religious body (or belief system) supporting their application and testifying to their status within the group.

6.      The full names of the couple, the date and place of the marriage.


An update to this from another poster:

Under section 12 anyone can apply for authorisation to conduct a particular marriage or marriages or alternatively for permission to conduct marriages generally during a specific period. The only requirement under this section is that the applicant must be over 21 years old. There is no need to belong to a religious body. By all means apply under this provision and do not be put off when at first he tries to block you. (He does not want to deal with the volume of applications he might get and his staff appear not to understand the law well.) He must deal with your application and can only refuse for good reason such as you are under 21 or you cannot understand how to deal with the paperwork and conduct the ceremony. Basically if you are of sound mind and good character he cannot refuse you. This is the section that the humanists use so that they can conduct weddings in Scotland.

Section 9 is used where a religious body wishes to nominate one or more of its members to be given the power to conduct weddings. To qualify as a religious body you must be an organised group of people who meet regulary for common religious worship. You have to satisfy the Registrar that you qualify and this is where he can ask for ask for evidence of how regularly you meet and how you are organised. Regular is not defined so it could be once a week, a month or a year etc but the meeting has to be for religious worship, at least in part. Religious worship is, of course, not defined. There is no minimum number for membership and you do not have to give personal details of the members.
The Registrar must be satisfied that the form of the marriage ceremony is consistent with the requirements of the Act - yours is as long as there is a minimum of five people present throughout, the couple, the celebrant and two witnesses.
The nomination has to come from the body not the individual.
If your nomination is accepted you will be appointed for up to three years though you can be reappointed over and over again. You can however be struck off for various reasons including not being a fit and proper person or carrying on a business of solemnising weddings for profit or gain.

In Scotland anyone can call himself a minister or use any other title as long as it is not for fraudulent purposes.




or join our facebook group